Sunday, July 8, 2012

Sweete bag embroidery

Last night was the big Royal event where all the gifts and articles were presented. Although I was a little disappointed that I didn't have anything new to wear, I was really pleased that I got all my gifts and projects finished. 

The event was really wonderful. The hall was so beautifully decorated it took people's breath away, and the courts were beautifully done and really moving. The hard work of the populace of my Barony paid off, and the pieces that I worked on were really well received.

Here is some embroidery that I worked to go on an Elizabethan sweete bag. One of the newer members of my Barony did the design, and local artisans all worked one or two bags. The completed embroideries were sewn up into bags and filled with nougat and sweets to be given out to the Ladies of the Rose. They seemed to be quite delighted by the presentation, although I admit that I was slightly distracted by looking at their beautiful garb!

Polychrome embroidery with satin stitch, chain stitch and french knots

No comments:

Post a Comment