Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Tiny disaster trifecta near the deadline

Only a few days left until the big event, and mini-disasters keep suprising me! I hand-sewed 7 metres of black bias onto black sleeves this week and was terribly proud of my nice, neat sewing, particularly since my hands don't work very well in the cold depths of winter. I took the sleeve to the window to check it in better light - and realised that I had sewn the bias onto the wrong side! I had to laugh.

I spent several hours individually 'glueing' single hundreds and thousands into the centre of sugarplate flowers, and was very happy with the results. I checked the flowers yesterday - and the icing 'glue' has run and taken the colour off the hundreds and thousands, and the flowers. I don't know if that is fixable yet.

Plus my sewing machine is not working. I'm not sure that this actually counts as a mini-disaster, since I do most of my garb by hand. Today there is baking on the agenda, which could potentially mean a disaster of much bigger proportions! People say bad luck runs in threes - I hope I have had my three for this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment