Friday, June 8, 2018

Tunics, tunics, tunics!

I've been sick again this week, but where possible I have been working on the suite of tunics for the Baron.

It is also getting quite chilly here, so I am thinking about cold weather clothing. I often have a low grade fever, so I don't have a large amount of warm weather clothing. Since coming off of one of my medications about eighteen months ago I have been almost continuously sick with infections -including chest infections. So a cloak or shoulder cloak with a nice fur collar seems like a sensible item to have in the wardrobe.

Last year I experimented with dyeing an old blanket. The plan was to achieve some blue wool, but I ended up with a pale purpley-grey colour. I cut out a short circle cloak from it and lined it in some very bright pink linen, and left it to hang.
It has been hanging for a looong time! Time to finish it off so I can use it for winter wear. It will be nice to finish off some UFOs that have been hanging around for far too long!

No comments:

Post a Comment