Monday, May 28, 2012

Tidying Up


Since I have been sick I have really just been setting myself little tasks to work on. One was to go through a pile of fabric and miscellaneous articles that have been waiting to be dealt with for more years than I would like to admit! And what did I find? Three chemises and two partlets, all at the 'mostly finished' stage! I am so glad that I got on and did that chore now!

An embroidered partlet waiting to be hemmed and have a ruffle added


This partlet was originally inspired by the following portraits:

Paolo Cavazzola's 'Portrait of a Lady' from nga.gov.au 






Ritratto di Gentildonna by Bartolomeo Veneto at oilpaintingonline.com 





File:Veneto, Bartolomeo - Portrait of a Lady in a Green Dress - 1530.jpg
Bartolomeo Veneto's 'Portrait of a Lady in a Green Dress' - 1530 from commons.wikimedia.org 

No comments:

Post a Comment