Sunday, March 13, 2022

Pale Blue Tie-on Sleeves in the Italian Style

Another pair of sleeves complete and out of the UFO pile! This pair is made from a light blue brocade type fabric that I found in a remnant bin at a thrift store and is based on the Italian tie-on style.



The camera has was washed the colour out a bit:

The sleeves were created in the same way as outlined in my previous post. 

As usual, the eyelets were what was holding me up.


I've embroidered an 'L' on the left sleeve because I always seem to be in a rush when it is time for events, and nothing wastes more time or adds more stress than struggling into a big dress only to find out you laced your sleeves on wrong - and then have to struggle back out of it, unlace them and then re-lace them on the correct sleeves. Ask me how I know, haha.


2 comments:

  1. They’re beautiful. Are they for a particular event?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!
    No, just to get them out of the to-do pile and to have for the future. I find that having different sleeves extends my wardrobe and also reduces the urgency to make new garb to prepare for big events.

    ReplyDelete