Friday, January 29, 2021

Calontir Clothing Challenge - January Update (and a new family member)

 

There are still a few days to go on this Challenge, but I *know* I won't get my projects finished. My plans have been completely derailed this month by the arrival of a new family member. 

This little Bean is the best sort of disruption!

It has been seventeen years since I dealt with a puppy, so I am well out of practice and underestimated the destructive and disruptive impact 😊

I didn't get to finish anything from the Challenge this month, but I did achieve the following overall:
* camicia cut out, embroidery marked out and underway
*coat pattern drafted, cut out and underway
*gown pattern and gown sleeve pattern underway
*linen partlet complete
*patterned partlet mostly complete (just needs a small amount of hemming)
*knotted partlet underway
*jewellery made
*masks made
Not even close to what I had hoped, but not too bad considering the massive amount of administrative work I was doing for the first two months, then Christmas projects, and then.....puppy!

I have also got a lot of ideas and inspiration from the other participants and I am looking forward to seeing the completed entries.

I'd like to thank the admins, judges and entrants for giving so much time and energy to this project to inspire others. I would certainly enter again, and even though I couldn't finish this time, I would definitely recommend it as a great way to focus time and energy for new projects.


3 comments:

  1. You still did far better than I. I signed up...and that was as far as I got. Very disappointed in myself, but first I was working far more hours than I intended, and then it was Christmas, and after Christmas I just kinda gave up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't be hard on yourself; last year was pretty *special*. Just getting through it was an achievement. Hopefully they will do another one down the track and we both will have time to achieve what we wanted!

      Delete