Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Calontir Clothing Challenge (Post 2)

Amusingly (after being very excited and enthusiastic in the lead up to the start date), this Challenge seems to have me paralysed with doubt and uncertainty. I haven't been feeling very well either, which doesn't help, and I have a lot of other SCA commitments. All combing to be the Perfect Storm of Getting Nothing Done.

I did manage to get a pair of sleeves cut out (just the fashion fabric part), and a linen partlet cut out. Ive sewed up and enclosed the side seams but haven't hemmed it yet. I need to decide how to decorate it (the fun part!) but the design I go with will depend on the final design I pick for the dress. I'm not sure I want to do a recreation of a specific gown, more a blending of design elements from several similar portraits.



No comments:

Post a Comment