Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Camicia Embroidered with Bird Designs

One of the projects I chose to undertake as part of my local A&S Pentathlon challenge is a linen camicia embroidered with birds and flowers. I have worked out a design taken from period sources and cut out my pieces. I am using DMC cotton floss in (predominantly) split stitch for the designs.




Although I am keen to get this project done as I really need a heavier camicia for cooler weather, it is a very large undertaking. I will be disappointed but not surprised if I don't get it finished by early 2019. Hopefully as the weather warms up I will get mobility in my fingers and be able to sew faster!



2 comments:

  1. Thanks! They are cute -I'm thinking of doing a camicia or partlet with just those owls. (Better finish some projects first!) ;-)

    ReplyDelete