Friday, July 20, 2018

Another Seahorse Napkin

Lots of projects on the go - and the going is SLOW!

As you probably know by now, I love the satisfaction of small projects which are quickly completed. They seem to get me motivated and back on track again.

I was recently searching for an item I needed for one of my other ongoing (never-ending?) projects, and came across an old napkin that I had bought from a thrift shop and started to embroider with my device - a seahorse. My heraldic device was mostly done, so I decided to finish it off. The stitching is split stitch worked in a DMC cotton floss. I also added some purple floss tufts along the edges as a bit of an experiment.


I was quite pleased with how it turned out.

I keep finding old table linens in thrift shops and can't resist them. They are so very handy for keeping flies and wasps off of food at tournaments, as well as being used as napkins.

No comments:

Post a Comment