Saturday, September 30, 2023

Baronial A&S Tablecloth/s

Something I have been concentrating on for the last couple of weeks is making up a new A&S tablecloth for the Barony.

The old A&S tablecloth that I made some time in the 2000s is really showing it's age, and we had some blue tablecloths in storage that were not being used. Someone suggested that they be turned into A&S tablecloths which sounded like a great idea.

I machine-sewed on some white bias binding around the edges of the tablecloth and marked out the candle-in-arch A&S design with a template. I made up some fabric paints using acrylic and textile medium and started to paint. I thought a couple of coats would do it, but each motif ended up needing seven or eight coats because of the composition of the fabric and the way that it soaked up the paint.

The motifs haven't turned out as crisply as I would have liked, but the overall effect is much nicer than the previous tablecloth.


No comments:

Post a Comment