Friday, November 15, 2019

Heraldic Favour

Another project that I completed recently was a heraldic favour. It is a simple sash with a representation of my device embroidered on it.
 I marked the design out by tracing it with frixion marker.
I embroidered the design with split and satin stitch. I tried to add some texture to the satin stitch. I added a shiny black bead for the eye.
 I sewed the panel into a sash and added some gold braid at the bottom.
I made the pin by adding a hat pin to a purchased heraldic seahorse pendant.

2 comments:

  1. Charming! Is the sash long enough to wear as though it were a pageant sash (baldric style) or what?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, this one is designed to be threaded over the belt and worn in the arena. The pin is for a hat or similar.

    ReplyDelete