Thursday, June 6, 2019

Cabochon Necklace Made From Re-purposed Bracelets

As you would know by now, I love quick projects with a lot of impact. And creating jewellery certainly ticks those boxes!
I bought some cabochon bracelets very cheaply at an end of season sale a few years ago, and recently decided to make them into a necklace. 
I had to find some small silver jump rings that I had in the stash, to match the ones that the bracelets came with. Locating the jump rings was the hardest part of the project.

I re-connected the cabochon settings to form a necklace, and added one of the easy-to-do-up clasps that my friend recommended for me, as I have so many issues with my hands.
The colour of the stones varies from wine to purple, depending on the light. I am very pleased with how this quick project turned out, and I think it will go well with sixteenth century Italian and English clothing styles that I wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment