Thursday, April 10, 2014

Necklaces

Here are some necklaces that I strung recently.


This is a necklace that I made for myself. I bought the silver and enamel pendant about twenty years ago at a 'going out of business' sale. I had never put it on a necklace and had honestly forgotten all about it until I found it a couple of weeks ago. I was delighted to realise that the seahorse to sinister and the silver and purple all match my SCA device. So I strung it on tiger tail with a mix of freshwater pearls and black glass beads.






I made this necklace as a gift. The purchased onyx pendant is set in silver and the pearls are freshwater baroque pearls. 



This necklace was also a gift. The beads are maroon glass, and foiled red and turquoise glass beads, and the metal pendant is an antiquity. It is a Byzantine pendant dug up on what was probably a trade route in Bulgaria.


A detailed view of the pendant:


No comments:

Post a Comment