Saturday, September 15, 2012

Juliet cap

Over the last week or so, I have been working on a Juliet cap. It sits on the back of my head and is secured with clips. It is made of a mystery jacquard sample I had in my stash, lined with broadcloth, and edged with gold and cream cord. It is trimmed with pearls and gold braid.


The cap with trim and pearls added


With a jewel and hanging bead added at centre front.





Below are some images that inspired my design -



Portrait of a Young Woman by Neroccio de Landi (1490)  from terminartors.com 

Portrait of Barbara Pallvicino by Alessandro Araldi c. 1510 from en.wikipedia.org




1490 by Unknown Veronese artist from  oceansbridge.com 

Carpaccio's Meeting of the Betrothed Couple (detail)  1495  from   realmofvenus.renaissanceitaly.net 



   
Albrecht Durer's Portrait of a Woman c.1506


No comments:

Post a Comment