|Image from: https://www.pinterest.com.au/pin/570901690249020212/|
|Tunic pattern from: https://www.pinterest.com.au/pin/460282024388882275/|
This tunic was made at the same time and in the same way as the one that I posted about yesterday. The sleeves were pieced from scraps as the fabric was not wide enough to allow for sleeves and I wasn't sure that newcomers would be wearing undertunics, so longer sleeves were needed.
Wherever possible I enclosed the seams so that the tunic would last longer. The guide below explains the process:
|Image from https://www.pinterest.com.au/pin/200410252144075736/|
When finished, I saw a bit of a problem with the bright fabric- the garment was looking alarming like a soccer guernsey. I was on a very tight time deadline and I was pretty desperate. I decided to stencil or stamp a design.
Next I drew a quatrefoil design on a piece of cardboard and cut the design out with a craft knife. I used a removable pen to mark the design at measured intervals and painted it in with craft paint mixed with a fabric fixative to make it washable.
The design looked OK but needed a yellow dot in the centre to break the design up a bit.
I put quatrefoils on all the green bands (arms and hemline).
The finished tunic. The colours are not to my taste, but I worked with what I had available and the garment should last reasonably well and be easy to care for.