I managed to finish another caul last week. This one is very simple and is made of a remnant of fabric that I found in a bargain bin.
A caul is usually just an oval or circle of fabric gathered into a band. I tried to put less gathers over the top of the head and keep them around the side and back to make the top sit flatter on the head.
The gathers pinned into place evenly on the headband.
I baste the seams of the headband before whipping the gathers into place. This is to make sure that the headband stays evenly folded as I work.
This caul is a bit looser than the ones that I normally wear so I added wig clips for security as well as the usual comb in the centre top.
The pattern is slightly off-centre because I didn't have enough fabric on the remnant