Monday, March 26, 2012

Elizabethan coat ideas


Here are some ideas for the other option that I am considering for my upcoming event - Elizabethan coats or 'frocks'. The advantages with this option are that I have several that are mostly finished, I am familiar with construction techniques, I have ironed out the kinks in my pattern, I have completed loose under-kirtles that are ready to wear, and I can make a low-necked version to help keep me cool. The disadvantage is that I really need to wear a hoop to make this style look it's best on me, and that is not a hugely practical option.

I absolutely love this one below from http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/images/Cooke,Mildred(BBurghley)01.jpg One day I would like to make a complete outfit based on this portrait.

 



Catherine Carey 1562 - 
 




 
Hans Eworth's Portrait of An Unknown Lady c 1565 - shafe.co.uk


Portrait of Katherine Parr - luminarium.org


File:Bess of Hardwick as Mistress St Lo.jpg
Portrait of Bess of Hardwick as Mistress St Lo (1550s) - 




Portrait of Elizabeth Benlowes 1569  - modehistorique.com


Portrait of Mary Hill (1567) - kate meersonhistoricals.com


Portrait of Anne Russell, Countess of Warwick (c 1565) - lookandlearn.com


Portrait of An Unknown Lady (1567) - larsdatter.com

 

Anne Browne, Lady Petre (1567) - larsdatter.com


Mary Throckmorton, Lady Scudamore (1615) - threadtraveller.blogspot.com.au

Portrait of Lady Dacre by Hans Eworth (1547) - larsdattar.com



Portrait of Theophila, wife of third Earl of Worcester (1567) - larsdatter.com


Portrait of the family of Lord Cobham - myartprints.co.uk



No comments:

Post a Comment