Saturday, July 27, 2019

Experimenting with Finger Loop Braids

I've been sick for the last four weeks or so with a persistent chest infection, tracheitis and ear infection. I've been feeling more lethargic than usual, and have taken the opportunity to continue my experiments with fibre arts. I have learned basic knitting stitches, basic crochet stitches, and finally conquered a simple finger loop braid.

Mistress Collette from Innilgard showed me how to do the 5-loop braid last year, but I just couldn't seem to get the hang of it. Cue Youtube, and I finally understand how to do it! I am really pleased with this new skill and look forward to continuing with finger loop braiding.
My first attempt. Obviously my tension needs work, but I feel like I am on my way!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear it! I ought to spend some time properly learning fingerloop braiding.

    ReplyDelete