Thursday, August 21, 2014

Delectable American Duchess Shoes

"Stratford" Elizabethan Shoe (Oxblood)
Images from http://www.american-duchess.com/




This week I had the opportunity to try on a pair of reproduction Renaissance shoes from American Duchess. (This company has been responsible for fostering my love of reproduction shoes.) My group of re-creationist friends have been talking about these shoes for quite a while, so I jumped at the chance to try them on. (Thanks Mandi, for being so thoughtful!)


Honestly, I expected them to be uncomfortable. I thought they would be the type of sturdy shoe that you would have to wear around the house for a few weeks or months to 'wear in' before attempting to wear them to an event.

Well, I couldn't have been more wrong. Admittedly, I only wore them for a few minutes (because the risk of tripping over my own feet in my attempts to watch myself walk in such gorgeous footwear became terrifyingly real!) but I was amazed at how buttery soft and yielding they were. So comfortable, so pretty, so perfect.

You all know how tight my budget for re-creation items is, but I am seriously thinking of investing in a pair of these shoes. They are so well made, I think they will be an integral part of my kit for many years.

Check out http://www.american-duchess.com/renaissance-elizabethan-shoes/stratford-elizabethan-shoe-oxblood to see what is available.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the glowing review! I'm glad you like them. The Stratfords are one of my favorite projects we've done. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome. You should be very proud of such a great product :-)

    ReplyDelete