Monday, February 4, 2013

High-necked Partlet Silk Embroidered Panel

Recently I finished another collar panel. It was originally intended as a gift, but I made too many mistakes in the stitching to be content to give it away. It will probably end up going on a high necked Elizabethan partlet for me.

The piece is sewn in Guterman silk on white linen. The non-counted blackwork is worked in two strands of silk in a double-running (Holbein) stitch.

The design comes from Modelbuch Aller Art.I traced the original design onto tracing paper and then modified it to fit the panel size that I needed. Then I taped the design to a window and traced it out in dissolvable fabric marker pen. I worked the piece in a hoop.

I am considering whether to add seeding stitches to the insides of the motifs so that the embroidery has more effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment