Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Trim dyeing

Recently I had another try at pot-dyeing. After the last time, my second-hand dye pot sprung a leak (while filled with dye, which was inconvenient to say the least) and I had to search around for a replacement. I found a nice one at a thrift shop at an excellent price.

I had some pink bobble trim which I wanted to turn black, and some ribbon trim that I just wanted to take the 'sharpness' off.

The bobble trim pre-dye

The ribbon trim pre-dye

This time I used some dry powder dye that I found in my stash.

The ribbon and trim bubbling away

The finished ribbon trim. A subtle difference, but an improvement.

The finished bobble trim. Perfect for neo-Victorian costuming.

The next step is untangling the mass of ribbon and trim that came out of the pot!

No comments:

Post a Comment