Saturday, August 10, 2024

Crayola Washable Marker Experiment

For some years I have been using Frixion heat removable markers to transfer embroidery designs onto light coloured fabric with some success. I have also regularly used them in place of Tailors' Chalk. I've only had a couple of instances where the marker has stained the fabric. But I have heard that very cold temperatures can make the ink come back, and I put an embroidery in the freezer to confirm that it is true. So, I needed to find an alternative marker.

Crayola washable textas were recommended to me, so I purchased a pack and did a test run on a poly cotton blend fabric. All the inks washed out in a cold machine wash, so the next trial will be on linen.

The test panel before washing.

The test panel after a cold machine wash.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment