Sunday, May 5, 2019

Medieval Faire Demo 2019

I have been busy lately, but not as productive as I would have liked as I have been battling some strange symptoms as well as fatigue.
A highlight of my fortnight was spending some time with my SCA group at the Gumeracha Medieval Faire. I couldn't spend as much time there as I would have liked, but I did get to talk to a lot of visitors about the SCA and the arts and crafts that we do. This always leaves me feeling exhausted, but motivated because it is a nice reminder of some of the aspects of the SCA that I love.
Some of the heavy fighters on the field
Sections of the A&S display with items made by our members
These sorts of public demos always seem to generate a special sort of camaraderie that I really appreciate too. I also get to see what some of the other re-creation groups are doing and wearing, and I come home inspired to start new projects and improve my kit.

While the re-enactors usually don't get to see very much of the Faire (as a visitor would), we are lucky that the SCA  tent is on the banks of the creek where the jousting horses and heavy horses stay, so we have a beautiful view. And a lot of the other 'entertainers' pop around to say hello.


No comments:

Post a Comment