Thursday, January 19, 2012

Red striped coif


Here are some more photos to go with the article on the red striped coif (below).


Here is the coif with completed embroidery but before spangles were added.



The back of the coif showing embroidery and spangling threads. I knot off my spangling threads after each spangle so that if a thread should break, I will not lose all the spangles.




Here is the coif all finished and ready to be made up. If I could do it over, I would add more gold metal spangles. This was one of my first spangling projects, and I completely under-estimated just how long that part of the project would take! I would also make the vine design fill the band more completely.


A close up shot of the edge of the coif before the decorative edge stitching was added.


The finished coif and the view from the inside so that the underside of the embroidery can be examined.



No comments:

Post a Comment